Kildare Parent Supports & Services
Click on title of service or support to see full details displayed.
← Back to directory
- Name of Service or Support
- Occupational Therapy Advice Clinic
- Description of Service or Support:
- The Primary Care Paediatric Occupational Therapy Service provides a monthly advice clinic to parents or carers who wish to seek advice from a Children?s Occupational Therapist, with regards to any aspects of their child?s functional performance with self-care, school or leisure-related activities. The types of parental concerns often discussed include gross motor skills, fine motor skills, concentration and attention, handwriting skills and general daily age-appropriate functional independence.
Parents/ carer?s attend clinic without children. This allows for an open discussion between parents and an Occupational Therapist. Each clinic has appointment slots in which the Paediatric Occupational Therapist can meet with parents on a one-to-one basis. If a child is currently on a waiting list or in receipt of services from the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) or the Network Disability Team (NDT) this drop in service will not meet the child?s needs.
- Service or Support Provided by:
- Primary Care Paediatric Occupational Therapy Service (HSE)
- Who is this service or support for?
- Parents or carers of children living in the Co. Kildare/ West Wicklow area.
- Where is the service or support provided?
- St. Mary's, Naas (beside Naas General Hospital).
- When is the service or support provided?
- Once a month
- How much does it cost?
- How does someone find out more about how to use this service/support?
- The clinic is by appointment only. Please contact 045-907940 to book a slot.