Kildare Parent Supports & Services
Click on title of service or support to see full details displayed.
← Back to directory
- Name of Service or Support
- Primary Care Paediatric Occupational Therapy Parent Advice Clinic
- Does your support or service cover all of Co. Kildare?
- Description of Service or Support:
- The Primary Care Paediatric Occupational Therapy Service provides a monthly 'Parent Advice Clinic' to parents or carers who wish to seek advice from a Children's Occupational Therapist with regards to any aspects of their child's functional performance with self-care, school or play-related activities. The types of parental concerns often discussed include gross motor skills, fine motor skills, attention and concentration, handwriting skills and general daily age-appropriate functional independence.
- Support/Service Category
- Counselling and Therapy
- Education & Training
- Information and Advice
- Service or Support Provided by:
- The Primary Care Paediatric Occupational Therapy Service in Kildare/West Wicklow
- Who is this service or support for?
- This service is for parents/carers. We request that parents/carers attend without children to allow for open discussion with an Occupational Therapist. The service works on an 'appointment-only basis'. Parents must ring in advance of the clinic to book a specific 30-minute slot.
- Where is the service or support provided?
- This service is provided at three different locations across Co. Kildare, depending on the address of the parent/carer.
'South Kildare Clinic': The Parent Advice Clinic which takes place in Kildare Town Primary Care Centre is for parents/carers living in Kildare Town, Monasterevin, Nurney, The Curragh, Brownstown, Ballysax, Ballyshannon, Kilcullen, Calverstown, Suncroft, Athy, Castledermot, Dunlavin + Baltinglass.
'Mid Kildare Clinic': The Parent Advice Clinic which takes place in Newbridge Primary Care Centre is for parents/carers living in Newbridge, Naas, Sallins, Carragh, Kill, Johnstown, Blessington, Ballymore Eustace, Manor Kilbride.
'North Kildare Clinic': The Parent Advice Clinic which takes place in Celbridge Primary Care Centre is for parents/carers living in Celbridge, Leixlip, Maynooth, Kilcock, Clane, Straffan, Kilmeague, Allenwood, Coil Dubh, Prosperous, Robertstown, Derrinturn, Carbury.
- When is the service or support provided?
- These clinics are run monthly, and the service takes place by 'appointment only' . Parents are requested to ring the Primary Care Centre from their area (either South, Mid or North Kildare) to find out the date of the next Parent Advice Clinic and to book a specific 30 minute slot.
- How much does it cost?
- This service is FREE.
- How does someone find out more about how to use this service/support?
- Parents can ring the Primary Care Centre in their area to find out when the next Parent Advice Clinic is taking place, and to book an appointment:
- South Kildare residents ring Kildare Primary Care Centre on 045-908504
- Mid Kildare residents ring Newbridge Primary Care Centre on 045-920951
- North Kildare residents ring Celbridge Primary Care Centre on 01-9214062