Kildare Parent Supports & Services
Click on title of service or support to see full details displayed.
← Back to directory
- Name of Service or Support
- Tusla Child and Family Agency
- Description of Service or Support:
- The Child and Family Agency is now the dedicated State agency responsible for improving wellbeing and outcomes for children.
Under the Child and Family Act, 2013 the Child and Family Agency is charged with:
supporting and promoting the development, welfare and protection of children, and the effective functioning of families;
offering care and protection for children in circumstances where their parents have not been able to, or are unlikely to, provide the care that a child needs. In order to discharge these responsibilities, the Agency is required to maintain and develop the services needed in order to deliver these supports to children and families, and provide certain services for the psychological welfare of children and their families;
responsibility for ensuring that every child in the State attends school or otherwise receives an education, and for providing education welfare services to support and monitor children?s attendance, participation and retention in education;
ensuring that the best interests of the child guides all decisions affecting individual children;
consulting children and families so that they help to shape the agency?s policies and services;
strengthening interagency co-operation to ensure seamless services responsive to needs;
undertaking research relating to its functions, and providing information and advice to the Minister regarding those functions; and
commissioning services relating to the provision of child and family services
- Service or Support Provided by:
- Statutory state run service
- Who is this service or support for?
- Our Services
The Child and Family Agency?s services include a range of universal and targeted services:
Child protection and welfare services
Educational Welfare Services
Family and Locally-based Community Supports
Early Years Services
Domestic, Sexual and Gender-based Violence Services
- Where is the service or support provided?
- Covers all of Kildare West Wicklow Area.
- When is the service or support provided?
- Monday - Friday 9 - 5
- How much does it cost?
- How does someone find out more about how to use this service/support?
045 882400 Office Number - St Marys Craddockstown Road, Naas Co Kildare