Kildare Parent Supports & Services
Click on title of service or support to see full details displayed.
← Back to directory
- Name of Service or Support
- The Strengthening Families Programme
- Description of Service or Support:
- The Strengthening Families Programme is a 14 week family skills course to help parents/care-givers and their child/children aged 7-17 develop and build positive relationships.
Topics for parents include; Encouraging good behaviour, family meetings, communication skills, handling peer pressure, managing stress, problem solving and giving directions and setting limits.
Topics for Teen include; Speaking and listening skills, staying cool in conflict, speaking up for yourself, Being who you want to be, problem solving and coping with criticism and anger.
Topics for children include; Speaking and listening skills, problem solving, learning through play and understanding rewards.
- Service or Support Provided by:
- Interagency Group of Organisations
- Who is this service or support for?
- This course is for all families who wish to improve communication and relationships within their family. The next programme will take place in Newbridge from September-December 2016.
- Where is the service or support provided?
- Celbridge, Newbridge and Athy.
- When is the service or support provided?
- Wednesday evenings from 5.30-8.30 pm
- How much does it cost?
- This course is free of charge.
- How does someone find out more about how to use this service/support?
- There will be an Information Session for organisations and services on the 15th of March in Newbridge.
For further information please call Debbie Garry on: 086-0264352