Does your support or service cover all of Co. Kildare?
Description of Service or Support:
In Sync (formerly the Kildare Youth Services) Youth Counselling Service provides a community based, accessible, professional counselling service established to meet the needs of young people between the ages of 11 and 25 inclusively and their families in Co Kildare. The activities of the Youth Counselling Service include:
· Provision of one to one counselling
· Provision of parental support counselling
· Provision of Parenting Courses
· Creation and distribution of Psycho-educational resources on mental health issues
· Provision of group work and workshops to primary and post primary schools on a variety of personal developmental and mental health issues
· School and referral presentations
· Referral of young people into youth work groups
· Participation in national fora for youth and issues, e.g., Parent Support Fora
· Extensive advocacy work with and for young people with the Social Work department, School, in families.
· Representation on National, Regional and Local mental health subgroups and steering committees
Child Protection and Welfare
Counselling and Therapy
Education & Training
Enterprise and Employment
Information and Advice
Supports for Young People
Service or Support Provided by:
Staff counsellors, volunteers and trainees.
Who is this service or support for?
11-25 year young people resident or in education or employment in Co Kildare.
Parents or guardians of referred young people.
Where is the service or support provided?
Face to face counselling in Athy, Rathangan, Naas, Newbridge, Leixlip, Celbridge.
Telecommunication Counselling (e.g. Telephone or On line)
Head office is
In Sync Youth & Family Services
Unit 34/35 1st Floor Naas Town Centre
Naas, Co Kildare [email protected]
When is the service or support provided?
Office Hours (9-5:30 , Monday to Friday).
How much does it cost?
Donation based service (5 Euro donation suggested)
How does someone find out more about how to use this service/support?