Kildare Parent Supports & Services
Click on title of service or support to see full details displayed.
- Name of Service or Support
- Parenting Advice Drop In Clinic
- Description of Service or Support:
- The Primary Care Psychology Service provides a weekly advice clinic to parents or carers who wish to seek advice from a Clinical Psychologist with regard to any aspect of parenting. The types of concerns that are typically discussed include, dealing with behavioural issues, helping children to deal with worry or grief or challenges in life. Parents also come with questions about whether they should be concerned about a child’s development and if they should seek a referral to a particular service. Parents / carer’s attend the clinic without children. This allows for an honest, open discussion with the Psychologist. As it is a Drop-In Clinic no appointment is necessary. It operates on a first come, first served basis. Each clinic has 4 slots in which the Clinical Psychologist can meet with parents on a one-to one basis. Parents will not be expected to discuss concerns with other parents/carers
- Service or Support Provided by:
- HSE Primary Care Psychology Service
- Who is this service or support for?
- At present, each advice clinic is available to parents of children living in the specific area covered by the Primary Care Psychologist. If you have any questions about this, please contact the Psychologist at the appropriate number below for information on the areas covered
- Where is the service or support provided?
- Naas, Newbridge , Kilcullen, Kildare Town, Rathangan and Monasterevin.
- When is the service or support provided?
- Naas Every Wedensday Morning 10am-12pm Newbridge Every Thursday Morning 10am-12pm Athy Every Friday Morning 10am 12pm
- How much does it cost?
- How does someone find out more about how to use this service/support?
- Naas Tel: 045-986800
Newbridge Tel: 045-491900
Athy Tel: 059-8633500
Please telephone the centres in advance to ensure the clinics are running on a specific week.