Kildare Parent Supports & Services
Click on title of service or support to see full details displayed.
- Name of Service or Support
- Stress Control
- Description of Service or Support:
- Stress Control classes will focus on delivering information to people about skills and strategies that have been shown to be helpful in controlling and reducing stress and anxiety and helping them improve their mood. The course is based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) principles and was developed by Dr Jim White in the NHS Glasgow.
Session 1: Learning about stress
Session 2: Controlling your body
Session 3: Controlling your thoughts
Session 4: Controlling your actions
Session 5: Controlling panic
Session 6: Controlling sleep problems, Wellbeing and Course review
We have been delivering Stress Control for 5 years around Kildare and West Wicklow. An independent researcher evaluated the course and found that people who attended evidenced significant improvements on all measures of stress, anxiety, depression and satisfaction with life after the 6-weeks.
- Service or Support Provided by:
- HSE Primary Care Psychology Services for Kildare and West Wicklow
- Who is this service or support for?
- Where is the service or support provided?
- Athy library, Emily Square, Athy, Co Kildare
- When is the service or support provided?
- 6th April 2016 (every Wed morning for 6 weeks)
- How much does it cost?
- How does someone find out more about how to use this service/support?
- Please contact Athy Library 059 8631144 to register your place.