Parenting Courses & Events
Click on title of course or event to see full details.
← Back to directory
- Programme Name
- Keeping your kids safe online
- Summary of Topics Covered
- As parents of young children, we can see on a daily basis how technology is going to play an increasingly important part of their futures. It will be used more widely in schools and even a fairly basic mobile phone these days will allow a child the ability to take risks almost unthinkable 20 years ago. We want our children to be able to embrace the opportunities for learning and enjoyment that technology can deliver, but we recognise that as parents and educators we have a responsibility to equip them with the tools to stay safe and avoid harm.
We believe that everybody can play a role in keeping children safe online, including children themselves. Education is a key part of the solution and both schools and parents have a vital role to play in supporting children to be safe online. Our parents’ talk runs for 1 hour with additional time for Q&A. Interactive throughout, we cover a range of topics, including discussions on social media apps & games that children are using, associated risks, and useful strategies for parents.
- Age group of child/ren that course applies to
- All ages
- Who is this course/event for?
- Maynooth, Co. Kildare
- Venue Details
- Maynooth Community Library
- Start Date
- End Date
- Start Time
- 07:00 pm
- Finish Time
- 08:00 pm
- Once off
- How to book a place?
- Contact Maynooth Community Library on 01-6285530 or email email@example.com
- Programme provider
- Kildare Library and Arts Service
- Name of Facilitator
- Cybersafe Ireland
Add Parenting Course or Event »
View Parent Supports & Services »