Parenting Courses & Events
Click on title of course or event to see full details.
← Back to directory
- Programme Name
- ‘Under the Influence’: Preventing Drugs & Alcohol Problems in Teenagers – What Parents can do
- Summary of Topics Covered
- The talk will address normal adolescent development and the impact that alcohol and drug use can sometimes have upon that process. The potential risks associated with adolescent drinking and drug use will be described. While teenagers are influenced by school, peers, community and wider culture, it appears clear that parents are the most important single influence upon them. The positive steps which parents can take to support healthy adolescent development will be described.
Clear advice will be provided on the parenting strategies which reduce the risks of teenagers developing alcohol or other substance abuse problems.
- Age group of child/ren that course applies to
- 12- 18 years
- Who is this course/event for?
- Naas, Co. Kildare
- Venue Details
- Naas Library
- Start Date
- End Date
- Start Time
- 07:00 pm
- Finish Time
- 08:00 pm
- Once off
- How to book a place?
- Contact Naas Library on 045-879111 or email email@example.com
- Programme provider
- Kildare Library and Arts Service
- Name of Facilitator
- Dr Bobby Smyth MRCPsych PhD
Add Parenting Course or Event »
View Parent Supports & Services »