Parenting Courses & Events
Click on title of course or event to see full details.
← Back to directory
- Programme Name
- TTT Film Screening: ‘This is Nicholas – Living with Autism Spectrum Disorder’
- Summary of Topics Covered
- Nicholas Ryan-Purcell was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome aged thirteen. He was also faced with mental health challenges, brought on by an early childhood trauma which triggered a lengthy depression. Nicholas overcame a series of obstacles to complete his Leaving Certificate and then undertake and graduate from a three-year course in TV Production at Ballyfermot College Dublin.
Now aged 28 Nicholas’s mental health challenges are a thing of the past. He has made this documentary to chronicle his experience of living with Asperger Syndrome and depression and to celebrate the invaluable support of his family, his teachers and his neighbours in the village of Emly, Co Tipperary.
This is a brave and inspirational piece of work, made with clarity and insight by an insider, to greatly enhance our understanding of Asperger Syndrome.
- Age group of child/ren that course applies to
- All ages.
- Who is this course/event for?
- For parents, teachers and healthcare professionals.
- Leixlip, Co. Kildare
- Venue Details
- Leixlip Community Library
- Start Date
- End Date
- Start Time
- 07:00 pm
- Finish Time
- 09:00 pm
- Once off event.
- Free of charge.
- How to book a place?
- email@example.com or 01 6060050
- Programme provider
- Kildare County Libraries
- Name of Facilitator
- Nicholas Ryan-Purcell
Add Parenting Course or Event »
View Parent Supports & Services »